A 73-year-old man received medical treatment after a house fire on Tuesday evening (October 18) in the School Court area.
Detailing the incident, a Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “NIFRS responded to a fire at a terraced house at School Court, Carrickfergus.
“A 73-year-old man received oxygen therapy from FRS for mild smoke inhalation at the scene. Sounding smoke alarm alerted occupier.
“The cause of the fire appeared accidental. Fire crew from Carrickfergus station attended the incident.”