Meningitis Now is looking for sizzling summer party hosts to raise much needed funds to fight the life-threatening disease.
The charity’s Sizzlin’ Summer Party pack will make your garden more Rio than Randalstown and with invitations, fundraising tips, games, balloons and more, you’ll get everyone in the party mood.
By hosting a Sizzlin’ Summer Party, you’ll be helping families like Stacie and her little boy Kaylan.
“My baby was just nineteen days old when he contracted meningitis. I’ve never experienced anything so scary in my whole entire life,” Stacie said.
Kaylan went on to make a full recovery, but for every ten children who catch bacterial meningitis, one will die and three will suffer from life-changing after-effects.
Help Meningitis Now fight a disease that affects families across Northern Ireland. All proceeds go towards vital vaccine research and raising awareness of the disease’s symptoms.
Top tips for a Sizzlin’ Summer Party:
- Fire up the grill, get your pals round and celebrate the best of the summer.
- Cool off with an old-school water fight – don’t have water balloons? Cut sponges into strips and fix together with elastic bands for your own splashtastic stars.
- Make a DIY waterslide with nothing more than camping tarpaulin, a hose and some cheap shampoo! Ask for a donation with each ride and see how much you can raise.
- Why not make your own bubble wands with straws and a piece of wool and mix up buckets of bubbly water.
- Burgers don’t have to be boring – set up a condiment café for building the ultimate burger. Get your guests to bring along their favourite sauces and toppings.
- Why not carve out a watermelon and use it as a punchbowl? Or freeze ice cubes with fruit inside to give your drinks a summery twist.
And if it rains...
- Why not hold your summer party inside? Beat the blues with summer tunes, your favourite summery foods and get the kids involved by hosting a Sizzlin’ Summer picnic on the floor.
To request your Sizzlin’ Summer Party pack, get in touch with Jo Wilson (Community Fundraiser – Northern Ireland) on 0345 120 0663 or email JoanneW@meningitisnow.org