PSNI have condemned an incident where a live firework was put through an elderly Carrickfergus resident's letterbox.
A post on the PSNI Carrickfergus Facebook page this afternoon read: "We cannot stress the dangers of fireworks enough.
"I was appalled to hear that a 79-year-old gentleman had a live firework placed through his letter box yesterday evening in the Castleburn Manor area of Carrickfergus.
"Thankfully no serious damage or injury was caused but we could very easily telling a different story.
"The stupidity and dangerous nature of this action speaks for itself and anyone caught with illegal fireworks or carrying out acts such as this will be severely dealt with.
"Anyone with any information regarding this incident please contact 101 and quote ref 1500 of 29/10/2017."