A 7-month-old boy received medical treatment after a house fire in the Beech Drive area on October 18.
Detailing the incident, a Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) spokesperson said: “NIFRS responded to a report of a fire at a terraced house at Beech Drive, Carrickfergus. The small fire in the kitchen was out on arrival of FRS.
“The cause of the fire appeared accidental. A 28-year-old woman was treated for burn to arm and smoke inhalation from FRS and ambulance personnel at the scene. A 7-month-old boy received oxygen therapy for mild smoke inhalation at the scene.
“Fire crew from Carrickfergus station attended the incident.”