History came alive in Carrickfergus as King William returned to the town for the annual pageant celebrations.
The event is one of the most colourful of the parading calendar, attracting thousands of spectators to the waterfront location.
Carrickfergus is rich in Orange history with the medieval castle overlooking the harbour where the king landed in 1690 on his way to the Battle of the Boyne.
A statue in King William’s memory stands at Castle Green.
To mark the 326th anniversary of the occasion, the ‘royal’ visitor was rowed into the town’s harbour where he was met by soldiers, dragoons and dignitaries dressed in period costume.
King William then led a parade on horseback through the town to Marine Gardens.
Brethren and bands paraded from Woodburn playing fields to the watefront location.
The large crowds enjoying the spectacle also availed of historical reenactments, an exhibition, funfair and live entertainment.
The Carrickfergus Pageant programme was organised by members of Carrickfergus Historical and Re-enactment Group, and supported by the Ulster-Scots Agency, Mid and East Antrim Borough Council and Carrickfergus District No. 19.